quarta-feira, 28 de setembro de 2016

Silent but not dead - my ongoing projects

Hi everyone!

Its true, I did finished my first oil painting where I used the paper epoch props I made and the reactions couldnt have been better!

So much so that once again I fell into a "so if everyone enjoys my works in general, why cant I sell anything?!" specially now that we'de really need extra money to see if either I could get a studio for myself and thus relieving the house from all of my stuff OR getting a bigger house for both as meine Frau is also a creative person (+ 4 cats (all in a tiny house!!))!

It has been like those days where nothing seems to work although you have a strong feeling that "yes, it will work!" but then ...
And yet again everyone seems to like my work, doesnt or didnt made sense!

Anyways .............. today is Wednesday and its my favourite day of the week, why? Because I was born on a Wednesday and thought it was enough of self pity, so I started to do some of the stuff that had been planning but feared starting due to space.

Here's some of the ongoing projects:

Etsy or no Etsy? Is it worth? Humm... Eitherway started a few new little dolls just in case ;)


Remember the horse post? After much thinking started finally the legs on one of them with a cardboard pattern, wire and paper clay on top.
Somewhile ago I started to make, in expandable foam, a cat shape and the idea was to do a cast out of this in order to be able to do as many cats as I like. Today the idea reversed and, well, decided to work on the cat for me, no use for casts of cats to reproduce.
Want a cat as "prop" to also use as model on future paintings.
There is already some material for a second painting but there's something that lacks, the cerise sur le gateau: a greyhound's headin order to paint.
So I started one from a balloon, a toilet paper cardboard roll and covered it (or started to) with paper clay

I will explain them a bit deeper if/when the projects will have an end. :)

In the meantime I've also been trying to expand my doll collection (from myroyaldolls.wix.com/myroyaldolls), trying to improve some that I dont feel that are very well portrayed or got broken in the meantime, etc.

Thanking you all for the support, nice comments and followers,

Pedro

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário